In any self-defense situation having an effective concealed carry pistol can make the difference between winning or losing the fight. You must be able to draw it quickly without snagging it on clothing or in your purse and acquire your target as rapidly as possible before they acquire you. In recent years there’s been an increased focus on the concealed carry firearm, and manufacturers have responded to the needs of their customers. Recent offerings have included reliable weapons that not only meet the tactical requirements for concealed carry but also have features that enhance gun safety. Here are some of the best.
Five Proven And Reliable Concealed Carry Handguns
- Glock G26 Gen 5 – a The G26 9mm has proven quite popular with shooters simply because it’s probably the best concealed carry Glock yet. With a very accurate Marksman barrel, maybe a little heavy with a fully-loaded weight of 26.07 ounces, and an overall length of 6.42”. This one is a winner!
- Springfield Armory XD-S – This sub-compact is available in .40 SW, .45 ACP, and 9mm, in extended mags if preferred, and has proven itself to be accurate and reliable. It has effective safety features including a grip safety and a firing pin block, which together do a good job of preventing accidents. It also includes a loaded chamber indicator. It’s small and light yet has a very manageable recoil.
- Sig Sauer P365 – This micro-compact 9mm has attracted a lot of attention because of its increased firepower capability. It comes from the factory with two 10 round magazines, one flush and one extended. With one in the chamber that’s 11 rounds, yet it still weighs in at only 17.8 ounces, less than its closest competition. With a 5.8” x 4.3” length and height respectively, it’s highly concealable. It also includes the effective XRAY3 Day/Night sighting system.
- Ruger LCR– For revolver fans, this lightweight, hammerless handgun has a variety of caliber options and is a great choice for concealed carry. Its design allows it to direct recoil back into the hand rather than up, making for a manageable kick for such a light handgun, and quicker on follow-up shots. The 7000 Series is available in .38 Spl +P, .22 WMR, and .22 LR, and the 400 Series is available in .9mm Luger, .357 Mag, and .327 Federal Magnum.
- Kel-Tec P-3AT – In the concealed carry category this nice little .380 semi-auto is tough to beat. The company claims it’s the smallest pistol of its type ever made, and at only 5.2” in length and 3.5” in height, with an unloaded weight of 8.3 ounces, it just might be, at least as far as modern guns go. It’s DAO 5 pound trigger pull and long travel length basically serves as a safety, and its simple design works best for some people when under pressure.
In our current uncertain social climate, a reliable concealed carry pistol is almost a necessity, and any of these choices will serve you well.
Ready to Get Your CCW Certification ?
Now, You can Receive it Online! Watch the Video, Download the Certificate and Complete the Application.
If You don’t Pass, You don’t Pay! Don’t Believe us? 278,000 Americans received theirs here!